Like I've previously mentioned, after I met my husband food stopped being a mere necessity and started being at the center of what I do. Granted, I am TERRIBLE at planning meals, I am DEFINITELY NOT an experienced cook and I have never made cupcakes in my life, let alone frosting to go with any.
Occasionally though, I crave for good food. Not because I'm currently pregnant, but simply because we all crave things every once in a while. Lately (for the past month) I've been craving raviolis. So much so that I had my sister-in-law, Nat, to teach me how to make rondelli, which could easily cut for what I really wanted. Making the rondelli was super fun; I felt great. The moment I sat at the table to indulge myself in our homemade dish, my stomach felt uneasy. Flu caught up with me. I'm soooo glad I didn't have morning sickness to top it all off!
There are dozens of frozen rondelli in our chest freezer at home but it will honestly be a while before I can eat them without remembering the nausea I had that one day. :(
As I worked as a custodian at the Marriott Center and the Stadium at BYU, for some reason the conversations us girls would have while wiping down the seats of the entire basketball arena for the thousandth time that week were about...food.
From avocado BLT sandwiches, to camp food to how the greatest double date would be our own version of Chopped, at the end of the day we all had to agree food is the best invention EVER.
We even talked about getting together one day to make ravioli! xD
On one of those conversations Harmon's Grocery Store was brought up as being the place for finding gourmet and more exotic and fresh ingredients. Today I decided to check it out.
My shopping list:
"-eggs
-Nesquick
-fruits/veggies (navel oranges!)
-gloves for doing dishes
-cheese
-ham
-kit kats"
Nothing exciting. When asked by my husband why Harmons and what else on the list, I told him the list was short specifically so that I could check the store out for anything different and...gourmet.
Haha.
Guess what came in my shopping bag after one hour shopping at the most gourmet grocery store in town?
-eggs
-Nesquick
-navel oranges (3)
-dual pack of gloves (one pink one green) for dishes and house-cleaning;
-2 diff-sized plastic spray bottles (one for watering the flowers, the other for cleaning products)
-set of dust pan and brush (for dusting the bathroom)
-scrubbing brush (for scrubbing the bathroom tiles)
-Peptobismol (in case I get the flu again...)
-Gold Bond (something I remembered I should have bought a long while ago)
-thermometer (with life-time warranty!)
-12-pack hair clips
-baking powder
-chocolate powder
-chocolate chips
-Greek Yogurt
-link sausages
Yes. I went to Harmon's to buy everything I could have bought at the dollar store. I spent nearly 90 bucks on useless stuff. I passed straight through the fresh deli section, amazed myself with the fact I could have starfruit for breakfast tomorrow, I ALMOST took a picture (but didn't) of the salmon they were selling to show Diogo he was missing out, and even considered getting myself the oh-so-desired four-cheese ravioli.
In the end I brought my hungry husband nothing but a large useless bill, a bunch of cleaning products, and the Harmon's ad to let him know there was a meat sale going on but I was too busy in the cleaning products' section to pay much attention to it.
Whether I got gourmet food at Harmon's or not apparently doesn't matter--as long as I feel fancy carrying a dust pan out from the one place I could have gotten ravioli.
Nenhum comentário :
Postar um comentário