domingo, 19 de maio de 2013

Reencontro de roommates | Roommate Reunion (better late than ever)

{PORTUGUESE/ENGLISH}

A Sarah tinha 6 semanas e 3 dias (5 de março) quando fui ao reencontro das minhas colegas de quarto de meu primeiro ano aqui na BYU. Todo semestre essas minhas amigas e eu nos reencontramos e por algumas horas colocamos a vida de cada uma em dia, rimos de piadas (velhas e novas) e curtimos uma a outra.

Sarah was only 6 weeks and 3 days old (back on March 5) when we had this roommate reunion from our very first year at BYU. Every semester these friends and I meet for a couple of hours to catch up on each other's lives, laugh and jokes (old and new) and simply enjoy each other's company.

Dessa vez foi um reencontro especial que (enquanto organizava as fotos de meu computador) nao pude deixar de compartilhar e fazer registro. Foi a ultima vez em muito tempo que pudemos reunir todas no mesmo lugar.

This time it was a special occasion that (as I was organizing the photos on my computer) I couldn't let pass, so I had to share and blog about it. It was the last chance (for a very long time) that we had to unite all of us in the same place.

Duas delas vao sair em missao: minha prima Mykell (vai pra Porto Alegre, RS!) e a Amelia (vai pra Espanha!). As que sobraram (eu, Emily, Chelsea e Morgan) vamos em breve nos formar, nos mudar e enfim, seguir com nossas vidas.

Two of them will be leaving on missions shortly: my cousin Mykell (going to Porto Alegre, RS--my HOMETOWN!) and Amelia (going to SPAIN!). The ones left behind (myself, Emily, Chelsea and Morgan) will be graduating shortly and then moving on with our lives, one way or another.

A manhan estava bem geladinha, mas super gostosa! Tambem pude apresentar a Sarah pra elas---que acompanharam minha vida amorosa com o Diogo desde quando ele ainda estava na missao e me correspondia com ele, ateh todo nosso namoro, noivado, casamento e gravidez em seguida. De fato, elas fizeram a prediçao EXATA de todas essas datas, ateh mesmo de como meu futuro marido ia se parecer. xD

It was a rather chilly morning, but sunny and beautiful! I had the chance to have them meet Sarah for the first time. It's fun seeing this story come full circle as they were the ones that saw everything unfold with Diogo and I--from when we were still writing each other when Diogo was on his mission, to our courtship, dating, engagement, marriage and pregnancy. In fact, they predicted it all to the exactness of the months I would be getting engaged, married, and even how my future husband would look like. xD

I love you girls! Thank you for being such great roommates, friends, and for always being excited about my life. I will keep cheering for all of you, and definitely miss our dinners together, random trips to DI for treasured VHS movies, quote board, predictions chart, spontaneous dance parties in the kitchen (Amelia ;) ) and impromptu photo sessions during ward activities ;D. Let's not let this tradition of getting together wilt away! :*** 





Nenhum comentário :