You are not the only one.
As for me, I often get this feeling, even on my busiest days. Maybe it is a sense of inadequacy and inability to accomplish everything when things overwhelm me.
That is why one of the most satisfactory feelings on a busy day is to write out a list of things I have to do and cross off each item. Sometimes I even cheat and write down what I've already done, just so I can check it off and feel more productive, he he xP~. Still, what good is a to-do list if it only makes you shudder when you realize it will take longer than you think to complete it?
The key to having a worthwhile day is not only in checking things off a to-do list, but in making time for doing or making that extra something that brings back the smile in you.
By that I mean anything that you are good at--or want to be good at. Anything that warms your heart.
In my case, here are some of the things I like doing when days seem rough, or simply when I need some time for myself:
- Make butter rolls--put ingredients in the bread maker, knead it myself, let it rise and bake it for the softest bread I have ever made in my life (as opposed to baking it in the bread maker like I used to, this makes bread-making more fun and personal). Diogo loves these, too, so it is a great way of making him happy!
- Eat an orange in the backyard (as opposed to being stuck indoors by sheer laziness). It reminds me of my childhood and is just a perfect way I have found to relax and think.
- Play the piano. Having access to a piano at home, there is really no excuse for not playing; I do feel lazy about it most of the time, but when I'm feeling overwhelmed and want to clear my mind from my troubles, music always lifts me up.
- Make and drink herbal tea. Like any gaucha, I love tea as well as mate. Since Diogo doesn't like either and having mate on my own just seems too lonely, I simply enjoy the therapeutic effect of herbal tea and its wonderful smell. It helps me stop and enjoy that simple moment...how many times do we stop to smell the world around us?
- Find a new recipe to try. I have never made cupcakes, and I hate meatloaf (ever since I made it once without any starch to go with it). When I say a new recipe I mean something that would feel enjoyable and that I could share with other people. Lately, bread and Brazilian treats have been on that list.
- Read a good book. Nothing like a mere five minutes of turning off my worrisome mind and making the mind think of what is being read--not what's happening around you.
What do YOU do to regain that inspiration that keeps YOU going?
Nenhum comentário :
Postar um comentário